Should I lock up the alcohol at home?
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
We have a bar at home in our basement. Should I be concerned about having alcohol - that is not locked up?
- Unlocked alcohol IS a problem - kids know it is there.
- They may dilute alcohol to hide what's missing, or take a whole bottle.
- Parents also think that their kids don't know they smoke pot at home.
- Kids always know when parents smoke marijuana.
- Social drinking can be a good model, but keep supplies locked up.
Here are some common questions parents have about how to keep their teen-aged children safe from alcohol and drug use. Click each link to watch a video on each topic with adolescent substance abuse expert Dr. John Knight.